Winter is here

Winter is here
Ron Walker's stunning image of Tamsin, Heather & Rosie on Bellehaven, Fiacaill Buttress (to go to his blog, click on the image above)

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sussed: climbing spy girl!

We've arrived at the lovely Senja Lodge and it's very exciting not to be writing this while crouching on the porch at -16 or so in order to get a wireless signal. This place is other wordly.

The Devil's Teeth overlooking Ersfjord. It was climbed in the 1950's but has had few repeats.
Tomorrow's plan: it's a pretty blue, it's reachable (probably), it's not sun-rotted and there isn't a massive avalanche slope above. I'm so excited!
The Devil's Teeth looking ready to chomp.
Two alpine lines in Codsfjord.
Couldn't resist.
Probably the most famous climb on Senja.
Now the important stuff. I made a new friend. He's called Yeti and he's 14 weeks old. I'm honoured that he marked my hand with his little but serious teeth. When you get beyond those fangs though, his ears are the softest I've ever caught a hold of.

A moment of calm before Yeti continued playing with everything. I think he might like to come ice climbing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment