Winter is here

Winter is here
Ron Walker's stunning image of Tamsin, Heather & Rosie on Bellehaven, Fiacaill Buttress (to go to his blog, click on the image above)

Sunday, April 3, 2011

a spring clean & 'it ain't over 'til it's over!'

I'm back in Spansdalen now, and it's all been washed clean. I thought it might have grown in my mind in my absence, but no - it's only gone and grown in reality!! I counted 15 lines on one side of the valley. And they're all huge. However, temperatures need to drop.

A wild final day with Mark & Gill so we went scouting (for ice, obviously; and coffee - no luck there). We saw plenty. Met some nice folk and saw a few wierd things. But my fingers are freezing - I'm writing this from someone's porch - it's Sunday and EVERYTHING is shut. Even Spar.

We had an exciting road trip to the airport as the roads was hut due to fresh avalanches, so we did a speedy rretreat and high tailed round the other side of the island. Thank goodness for Norwegian road barriers and snow ploughs.

I thought things were quite wonderous at the airport when the entire place filled up with skiers of all shapes and sizes. Thought this must just be the norm for Bardufoss. But Bent informs me that actually the championships were on over the weekend. The King was in town yesterday!

Thanks for an amazing trip Mark & Gill!



No comments:

Post a Comment