Winter is here

Winter is here
Ron Walker's stunning image of Tamsin, Heather & Rosie on Bellehaven, Fiacaill Buttress (to go to his blog, click on the image above)

Monday, January 17, 2011

What a stunner!

I was bracing myself for a fearsome walk into Sneachda today with high winds forcasted, but alas, what a day ensued! Points for naming the piece of rock, bottom right hand...
 Urs' first Scottish gully, lovely firm snow, lovely views...but more importantly, LOOK at them pretty colours - we were wonderfully synchronised in shades of lemon and lime. I'm not completely convinced that Urs fully grasped my hapiness about this.

Fiacaill Buttress looking fairly white - teams on the usual routes.









Ursula taking the speedy route down - not the nicest snow to be practising ice axe arrest on, but I guess better than doing it for real!

No comments:

Post a Comment