Winter is here

Winter is here
Ron Walker's stunning image of Tamsin, Heather & Rosie on Bellehaven, Fiacaill Buttress (to go to his blog, click on the image above)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lucky girls!

Ron walker's stunning image

On Monday we managed to bolt up north for a quick fix in the Northern Coires. Heather, Tamsin & I headed for the alluring Fiacaill Buttress - she couldn't have been more beautiful!

Conditions were great - the usual early winter lack of depth, but the turf was frozen & the rock was white. We each led a pitch and Tams did a great & speedy job of the main pitch. The walk off over the plateau was stunning.

I drove away feeling full of very-over-the-top enthusiasm for the winter to come! There were only a few teams in the Coire - Andy Nesbit was attempting a new varient in the Fingers Ridge area & Ron Walker was on the Seam next door to us. Despite great efforts not one of our digital cameras worked, so I resorted to using the one on my phone!



Tams on the brilliant crux pitch. There's a teeny bit of turf on the route and the hoar gave quite a lot of purchase. The climbing is sustained but there are also a fair number of very good rests on the way.

3 comments:

  1. Quality bloggage if I may say so and a good pic by Ron, it make the pitch look huge.
    Tams.xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a mountain loving non-climber I can just about see the need to scale those heady heights with these beautiful pictures, even the mobile phone captures them quite well. My admiration goes out to you climbers in truth; like springy little goats you scale the ridges and sharp slippery angles and crevices.
    Come home safe and drink plenty of whisky laced hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    I wish I was a goat, then I could eat more, be truly springy, smell a bit and eat even more. Mind you, I'd have to have a beard & that might dangle in the hot chocolate.

    I think we do get to some pretty amazing places, and although lots probably don't do it for this, the beauty of it all is certainly one of my reasons for doing it. And the feeling that I'm springing around, though it's more creaking than stealthy in truth!

    ReplyDelete