Winter is here

Winter is here
Ron Walker's stunning image of Tamsin, Heather & Rosie on Bellehaven, Fiacaill Buttress (to go to his blog, click on the image above)

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Relocating the office






















An interesting mixture of pursuits I thought.

Stornoway angler, Gillies Mackenzie, kindly set us up with a rig to catch turbot. Within 10 minutes I'd caught my supper, and I don't think it was even slightly to do with skill. Kingsley pulled in 4 fish on a 3 hooked line. Yum.
I LOVE fish, I'm just slightly crazy for them. They are so perfectly built, beautiful & delicious. I think this is a Flounder; appropriate really.

When Gillies left he gave us four more fish, what a lovely guy.

See (sea?) - perfection!

This little beauty was Another breakfast after a good run & yoga session with Fran (before settling into a big pot of thick coffee, in case I was sounding too saintly there!).






My friend Kingsley was going on a voyage to Lewis for the week & I couldn't think of one reason not to go. I planned to work every day for a few hours and play the rest. Actually we couldn't get the government gifted broadband to work, there was no mobile reception & our landline could only call local numbers. Talking on the phone was challenging. So, for just a few days we made the most of this stunning island - every pair of socks I brought (& I'm generous on the sock issuing) got soggy & sandy, I almost got sick of saying how amazing & beautiful things were, got rediculously excited about fishing & waves, and we tried to get fat on a diet of seafood & tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment