Winter is here

Winter is here
Ron Walker's stunning image of Tamsin, Heather & Rosie on Bellehaven, Fiacaill Buttress (to go to his blog, click on the image above)

Monday, April 4, 2011

Midnight climbing...

Okay, not quite midnight, not by a long way in fact, but I thought I'd take a leaf out of the locals book. It was snowing this morning, which was cruel, because not long after this precipitated into hours and hours of downpour. Impressive, but not very useful. We made use of the time by sussing out another area, found another 20 lines and gathered lots of information about them. 


So, after jules rustled us upo a fish pie we headed back out for a little warm up on the cooling ice.


What with a 4,000 strong revolution & counter revolution (exercise) going on when we arrived, and a major skiing comp going on during my return to Bardufoss, I think my impressions may be a little warped!
 Water, water everywhere...
 Today's scouting for ice. Results!
Julian warming up. Not the gentlest of starts. Scottish textured ice in foreign ice shapes. You'll know what I mean if you know what I mean.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment